PLASMA VAPOR DEPOSITION
However, during the process, the applied coating not only adheres to the target surface, it also collects on surrounding surfaces including the tools and fixtures used to hold parts within the reaction chamber.
Overtime, excess PVD coating materials lead to unwanted effects such as reduced work-piece tolerances with poor sealing of the reaction chamber resulting in increased humidity and extended heat-up times. The solution: Laser cleaning with cleanLASER.
- Efficient de-coating of multiple coating layers
- No mechanical damage, no damage of weld seams or sealing surfaces
- Reduction of heat-up cycle times
- Green process – no media, no chemical, no secondary waste, no clean-up
- Typical chamber cleaning can be accomplished in only a few hours